The Easiest Way To Add A YouTube Video In WordPress
WordPress is all about getting your message out to the people who need it.
It’s the same with YouTube video and it can be a great addition to your blog or website.
In my opinion the easiest way to add a YouTube video in WordPress is also the best way. The 8 steps I detail here will also give you the best chance at only displaying related videos from the chanel of the current video.
8 Steps To Add A YouTube Video To Your WordPress Blog Or Website
- In YouTube select the video you want to play on your post or page and play it and then hit pause
- Click on the “SHARE” button
- Click on the “Embed” button
- In the options check the “Show Player Controls” and “Privacy Enhanced Mode”
- Click the copy button
- In WordPress on the page or post where you want to show the video add a Custom HTML block
- Paste in the code you copied
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/mGCHYt2xm3o?rel=0” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Add “?rel=0” exactly as highlighted in red above so that it will only show related videos from the same chanel. Don’t add the quotes but make sure to put inside the quotes for the src tag
Here’s a video from my post on VPNs
And here is the code for the above video
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/bGEUei-j22I?rel=0” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe>
Notice how I added “?rel=0”
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and find it informative and a useful reference.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need some help.